Friday, August 21, 2009

Responsible Commenting in Media

I have decided to follow the rule that I will choose to not comment under a psuedonym. The internet it a place where people can come and say anything they want with relatively few consequences. I am not saying that is a bad thing. Sometimes you just need to vent. I am choosing to sign my name to comments I make because I believe it makes a difference. If we are calling for transparency in our local officials( and we should be)- then we need to be transparent as well.

Disclaimer: When I am blogging I represent only myself, not any organization I am involved with, my employer or my favorite cat. All me all the time.

Having said that- I have noticed that it is very easy to take issue with an article in the Gazette or any other form of media. I will hold myself to the standard that if I can't verify it- I won't say it. My purpose is to provide information, have discussions about issues that are important to us all.
I can't promise to say something you will agree with or even find interesting. But I will tell you things that can be backed up with data and that I take personal responsibility for.

No comments:

Post a Comment